Thursday 21 July 2011

Raspberry Anise Freezer Jam


There are quite a few different freezer jam recipes out there, some that have the usual jam proportions (i.e., way more sugar than fruit, Certo's freezer jam recipe for example). I prefer the following recipe because it doesn't use so much sugar, and ends up being super tasty no matter what fruit I use.

The Basic Freezer Jam Recipe Proportions are

-4 cups of crushed fruit
-1 to 1.5 cups of sugar
-1 pouch of Bernardin Freezer Jam Pectin
-Lemon/Lime juice and zest



Fortunately, I had four cups of raspberries fall into my lap, so - Raspberry Anise Freezer Jam! I added a teaspoon of anise to the raspberries, and three crushed pink peppercorns, but you could add any herb or spice you think pairs well with whatever 4 cups of fruit you're working with.




2 comments:

  1. I googled lime freezer jam and found your blog...I really like what I see! I would not have thought of anise and raspberry; thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! Let me know if you come up with any other nice flavour combinations.

    ReplyDelete