Friday 3 June 2011

Chive Blossom and White Wine Vinegar


Spice up your vinegar!!

A co-worker who is always sharing her homemade recipes with me told me about this easy white wine vinegar and chive recipe, and I thought to myself, “I've got tons of chive blossoms on my balcony! Why not put them to good use!?”

HOW TO:

-Pick enough chive blossoms (not wilting or fading blossoms) to fill 2/3 of your jar.

-Rinse them in cool water to making sure you get the little bugs that like to hide in them out – otherwise you're making Chive Blossom and Bug Vinegar! 

-Gently pat them dry.
-Put the blossoms in your jar.
-Fill 2/3 of the jar with white wine vinegar.
-With the remaining 1/3 of the space you have left, fill half of it with regular white vinegar and the other remaining half with white wine.
-Put a lid on your jar and let it sit for 2-3 weeks.



-DAY 1                                                                                      -DAY 2














I'll post again in 2 weeks to give an update on the results.

This also makes a nice decoration to have around the house to add some colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment