Thursday 30 June 2011

Hand Exfoliation and Moisturizer


Got Dry Hands? Gardener’s hands? Want soft hands?

I recently came home from a wonderful week in Cuba. Maybe it was the salt water and/or the chlorinated pool, and/or being in the water a bit too long (wrinkly-soggy hands) that made my hands super dry, peeling and not so nice to the touch.
No, no, I didn’t catch a weird fungus or anything! This odd occurrence usually happens to my hands once a year or so.
My super clever co-worker whose hands also occasionally do this gave me some advice to exfoliate and moisturize my hands, and, yes, I’m about to share… excited?

She suggested to take some hand lotion, spread it on your hands and then grab a tablespoon of sugar and vigorously rub your hands together.

Here’s what I did:
-1 teaspoon of coconut oil (only 1 tsp because I have small hands, if you’ve got big man hands, go ahead and use more)
-1 heaping teaspoon of brown sugar
-Roughly rub – rub – rub for 1-2 mins.
-Gently rinse your hands.
-Gently pat or let them air dry…

                I did this once and it fixed 95% of the problem, did it a second time and my hands are back to normal! If your hands need a buff and a little moisture, give it a whirl!

Hats off to my coworker - super clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment